MONA – General Terms & Conditions
1. WEATHER and OTHER CONDITIONS Be aware that there might be changes to our tour program due to weather conditions, force majeure (like natural disasters, political unrest, civil war and other hostilities) or other circumstances! Sometimes we even need to move the tour to another date or, in rare cases, to cancel it. Thank you for your understanding; this is purely for your safety.
2. CANCELLATIONS In order to receive a full refund, cancellations must be done latest by 4 pm the day before the tour date, or a signed medical statement must be provided. Modifications or cancellations resulting from circumstances outside of the Company’s control (force majeure like natural disasters, political unrest, civil war or other hostilities) are not refundable.
3. PERSONAL SAFETY All guests should be aware that every tour has potential dangers in the activities they are participating in, and therefore are responsible for their own personal safety on our tours. Injuries or discomfort as a result of any unfitness or health conditions are the sole responsibility of the participant. All instructions and directions of our tour guides must be followed at all times!
4. CUSTOMER LIABILITY Guests can be held liable for personal and material damage that happens due to negligence on their part.
5. PERSONAL BELONGINGS MONA cannot be held responsible for the damage or loss of any personal belongings.
6. SPEEDBOAT TOURS Pregnant women and children younger than 1 years old cannot participate in any of the speedboat tours. To prevent accidents, all guests should sit in the rear part of the boat, sitting in the open front part is on everybody’s own risk.
7. PRICES Our prices apply only for pick-ups in the Khao Lak area. Children prices apply to children between 4-12 years, Children aged 0-3 years are free of charge and Children from the age of 13 years pay full price.
8. PAYMENTS For all payments via credit card (VISA or Master Card) the banks are charging a 3 % fee that has to be paid by the customer. The customer is also responsible for the payments of other transaction fees (like exchange fees). In cases of refund, the exchange rate to be used will be the one at the processing day. Any fees from the refund, and/or bank transaction fees will be deducted from the refund, and paid for by the customer, not the Company.